This flavorful Za’atar salmon recipe will transport you straight to the Mediterranean shores with its fresh, herbalicious flavor.
Fish is a staple in the Mediterranean diet, and we love the omega-3 rich protein source. Add pizzazz to this healthy dish with another Mediterranean staple, Zesty Z!
Our main ingredient is Za’atar, a blend of wild Mediterranean thyme, sesame, sumac, and oregano mixed with extra virgin olive oil. This flavor burst adds enough complexity and a kick of tanginess to compliment the salmon.
While Za’atar has been a Mediterranean kitchen staple for centuries, it’s bold flavor and versatility are moving West as a new favorite among chefs, restaurants, and foodies! Cooking with Za’atar is an exciting way to add flavor and versatility to any meal, making Zesty Z is a kitchen must have!
This recipe can be dressed up or down, literally, with your preferred helping of Zesty Z. Serve it as a quick healthy weeknight dinner or special occasion entrée. Your guests will never know how simple the prep was to create such tasty experience. Got leftovers? Pack the crusted Za’atar salmon in you lunch box!
Need side dish ideas? This Za’atar salmon pairs nicely with a simple garlic and lemon bok choy base. The side vegetable can be swapped to add variety, because you’ll want to make this dish repeatedly! Steamed broccoli and grilled asparagus are two of our go-tos. Feeling bold? Try spreading a little Zesty Z on top of pita or naan, and place in the oven at 375 degrees until the bread is lightly golden and crispy.
- 4 Ounce salmon fillets
- 1 Jar of Zesty Z, well mixed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large bok choy, quartered (or 3 to 4 baby bok choy, halved.)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle the salmon fillets with olive oil and a teaspoon of salt. Place them the prepared baking sheet, skin side down and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread two tablespoons Zesty Z on top of each salmon fillet. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the garlic until it is slightly browned—about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and bok choy and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the bok choy are tender, about 6 minutes.