Breakfast Za'atar hash takes you on a 9am flavor adventure to the Mediterranean.
Ditch the other condiments at breakfast for tangy, savory, and herby flavors with your eggs, bacon, and potato hash. Kids and adults are going to enjoy za'atar eggs for breakfast or brunch on the weekend.
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1pound thick cut bacon, diced
- 4 diced and chopped potatoes
- 4 - 6 eggs
- Feta cheese to top
- 1 jar of Zesty Z, mixed well
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high flame.
- Add potatoes. To speed the process, microwave them whole for 2 minutes before chopping.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add bacon and cook through, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour off about half of the grease.
- Let cook uncovered (about 10 minutes.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When potatoes are golden and crispy underneath, flip them.
- With the back of wooden spoon, make wells in the hash for as many eggs as you’re making. Add an egg to each well.
- Cook covered on low until egg is set and cooked through. About 8 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with feta.
- Drizzle with Zesty Z.