Game, set, Za'atar avocado toast! This is the Mediterranean breakfast remix you've been waiting for.
This is not your average avocado toast recipe! The classic dish is elevated with Mediterranean kick from our Za’atar condiment. If you haven’t tried Za’atar, prepare yourself for a flavorful experience. In a jar you’ll find a blend of Mediterranean wild thyme, extra virgin olive oil, sesame, sumac and oregano,
Zesty Z is wildly versatile and takes your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation.
We couldn’t help but dress up this breakfast and brunch favorite with Za'atar, it was a natural combo! Za’atar avocado toast is s a personal favorite of Alexander, our CEO/Co-Founder! It’s a healthy and hassle free breakfast that satisfies even the pickiest of taste buds. Whether you rose well before the sunrise for your workout, or snoozed your alarm six times, it can be made and enjoyed in less than 10 minutes.
To begin, prep your base by toasting the sweet potato slices or bread. While the spud is reaching the perfect level of caramelization on the inside and toasty crunch on the outside, you can begin to prep the other ingredients.
Start with an essential healthy fat: avocado. Slice, or dice, whatever suits your fancy. A splash of fresh lime juice combined with a dash of salt and pepper bring a subtle tangy element to the dish.
Next, the protein: Prep your pan with your preferred cooking oil – we like olive – then carefully crack the eggs into the pan. We suggest frying them until the edges are golden brown and slightly crispy, but if you’re more of the scrambled egg type, we’ll let it slide.
Now it’s time to assemble the pieces. (Told you it was quick!) Retrieve the sweet potato or bread slices, schmear with avocado, carefully place the eggs, and most importantly, drizzle Zesty Z for the finishing touch. Feeling bold?
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed, dried and sliced lengthwise into ¼” slices
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jar of Zesty Z, mixed well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- IN OVEN:
- Brush olive oil onto both sides of sweet potato, dust with salt and bake in a single layer on a lined baking sheet in 350 oven for 20 minutes. Rotate tray and flip sweet potatoes half way through.
- Set under broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes each side to get them toasty.
- IN TOASTER:
- Toast until toasty. May take several turns, rotate potato between turns.
- Remove flesh of avocados and mash with fork in a small bowl. Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Fry eggs in your favorite cooking oil until the edges are nice and crispy.
- Assemble your toast and top with plenty of Zesty Z.