Bring savory, herby, garlicky and everything bagel flavor to simple roasted salmon in this unique and super fast dinner recipe.
This oven-roasted salmon recipe is a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s full of New York-style flavor with a Mediterranean twist. It’s a three-ingredient meal that comes together in 20 minutes, so there’s no reason not to add this recipe to your weeknight repertoire.
What’s In Zesty Z Everything Bagel Seasoning?
You might think you know the ingredients for Everything Bagel Seasoning. But at Zesty Z, we don’t like to do things like everyone else. Our Mediterranean EB seasoning has a twist that’s all it’s own.
In addition to the classic ingredients like organic sesame seeds, onion chips, garlic, and poppy seeds, our Everything Bagel Seasoning has an all-important secret ingredient: sumac.
Sumac adds a generous jolt of vibrant citrusy flavor to this seasoning blend. Sumac is an herb native to the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean. It’s dried and turned into a dark crimson-colored powder that’s used as a staple seasoning in many cuisines. In this blend, you’ll love how sumac wakes up your taste buds and adds an acidic punch to every recipe.
How to Make Everything Bagel Salmon?All you need to make this quick and easy salmon dinner is a hot oven, a baking sheet and three simple ingredients. Here’s what you need to make the best Everything Bagel Salmon:
- Salmon fillets. You can also use a whole side of salmon if you prefer. Note that a larger piece of salmon will take longer to cook.
- Olive oil. This helps infuse the flavors from the dried spices into the salmon. It also adds delicious flavor to the dish.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning. This one ingredient packs layers of flavor and crunch.
Serve this Mediterranean-spiced salmon with any of your favorite grain or veggie side dishes. We love simple steamed broccoli, but other greens like asparagus, green beans, bok choy or creamy spinach are all great. To add some starch to your plate, serve the roasted salmon with brown rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or roasted sweet potatoes.
If you have leftover salmon, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. It makes a great lunch the next day over a bed of lettuce for a healthy salad. For added flavor, drizzle your salad with za’atar-tahini dressing.
Everything Bagel Salmon RecipeIngredients
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- Olive oil
- Zesty Z Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and rub the filets with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is opaque and cooked through.
- Serve with steamed broccoli (optional)