Everything Bagel Potato Salad is the crunchy Mediterranean wake-up call your traditional creamy picnic salad has been looking for.
Grilling season is here. That means sticky-sweet barbecued chicken, juicy burgers, singed grilled veggies, and, of course, potato salad.
We love this all-American side dish as much as the next grill master. However, our version goes a step beyond traditional. Zesty Z Everything Bagel Seasoning is the flavor and texture upgrade your side dish has been missing.
Ready to get zesty with your summer party food? Here’s what you need to know about this Mediterranean potato salad
What Makes Zesty Z Potato Salad Different (ahem: better)
Our vibrant summer salad starts with your classic potato salad ingredients:
- Red potatoes cooked until they’re just fork-tender and creamy on the inside
- Mayonnaise for tang and creaminess
- Lemon zest and juice, because we can’t get enough of that bright, sunny flavor
- Scallions for crunch and color
But what really set it over the top is a generous sprinkle of Zesty Z Everything Bagel Seasoning. This seasoning is crunchy, savory, citrusy and herby. It’s the secret ingredient that you’ll never leave out of your potato salad again.
How to Cook Potatoes for Potato Salad
The best potatoes for a chilled salad like this are red potatoes. They’re small and have their own flavor, but won’t crumble or fall apart like starchier potatoes.
To cook the potatoes for your salad:
- Place the whole cleaned potatoes in an empty stock pot.
- Cover by several inches with cold water.
- Bring to a simmer, uncovered.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. They’re done when you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Drain and let the potatoes cool to room temperature before stirring in the dressing. You can speed this up by chilling the potatoes in the fridge
Note: The most important thing when cooking potatoes of any kind is to not let the water boil. If you do, the high temperature will burst starch molecules in the potatoes and leave you with a grainy, gritty texture.
What’s in Zesty Z Mediterranean Everything Bagel Seasoning?
How does one ingredient transform classic potato salad? It’s all about the blend.
Our Everything Bagel Seasoning is made with:
- Organic sesame seeds
- Organic dried onion
- Organic dried garlic
- Organic poppy seeds
- Dried sumac
Wondering where that bright, tart flavor comes from? Sumac is called the “cranberry of the Mediterranean” because of it’s zippy, lemony flavor. And that’s exactly what regular potato salad is missing.
More Recipes to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
For more Mediterranean recipe inspiration, check out our recipe archive.
Everything Bagel Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, washed and cooked until fork tender
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Zesty Z Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cut boiled potatoes into 1 inch chunks and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, scallions and Everything Bagel Seasoning and stir well.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle more Zesty Z Everything Bagel seasoning on top.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.